Since software version 7.20, a Fritz!Box (Popular routers in Germany from AVM) with telephony can also read address books from CardDAV sources:
Access via (Card|Cal|Web)DAV is further described here:
For example, the address to be entered is
- Create a user for each Fritz!Box address book (telephone)
- Give the user the necessary rights to the user/group address books (reading)
- Select “Synchronise all selected in one” in the settings
- Select the address books to be synchronised
* Alternative: Create one ECW user per address book on the Fritz!Box. This allows individual address books to be selected on the telephone handset.
** With your own user with a strong password, you do not have to entrust your own (admin?) access data to the Internet router.
On the Fritz!Box
- Create address book (per telephone) with access data of the user created above
- Assign address book to a telephone
Thus the content of the address book available on the phone can be controlled from EGroupware via the access authorisations.
- The Fritz! box synchronises its address book early in the morning at different times. This can be checked in the EGw access protocol.
- In a test, the four telephone numbers private/business landline/mobile were transmitted.
- If the web address/access data is incorrectly entered, we recommend that you delete the address book and create a new one. Users report problems if you do not do this.
To be considered:
If you have maintained a salutation in the address book, this will be prefixed to the name and ‘first name last name’ will be transferred.
It therefore makes sense to activate the vanity search on the AVM phone:
The handset then filters the list as you type (only the key with the letter on it). The sort order of the entries is no longer relevant.
For questions, suggestions etc. please create your own topic in the forum as usual and refer to this article.